Welcome to the Los Angeles HS College & Career Center!
Nicolette Earl, College Counselor
LAHS, Room 266
Follow us on Instagram: @lahs_ccc
Los Angeles High School CEEB Code: 051680
Meeting all of your College and Career Needs!
FAFSA is due March 2, 2022 https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
California Dream Act Application is due March 2, 2022 https://dream.csac.ca.gov/landing
Click on the pages to the right for detailed information regarding a wide variety of college and career topics and opportunities. Click on the underlined hyper links to take you to websites and materials.
August, 1, 2021
Your UC Application is available to you today!
The University of California application is live August 1, 2021. Create your account and start your UC app. The first step is to decide which four of the personal insight questions you are going to submit. Attached is a guide to how to writer your personal insight questions.
Quick Tips and Things to Know:
- There is one UC application that is sent to any/all 9 UC campuses.
- There is a fee waiver that is embedded in the application. Check with me before you click on request fee waiver to ensure it goes through.
- The first day you can submit your completed application is November 1, 2021. The last day to submit is November 30, 2021. No exceptions.
- The UCs do not accept transcripts and letters of recommendation with the application.
- SAT/ACT Scores are not required by the UC schools but you may submit them as an option.
- How do you choose which school to apply to? Find out if they have the major you plan to study! See below for link.
- How do you know what major to study? Log in to Naviance and take the career assessment! See link below.
- Use a personal email and CHECK IT DAILY!
- Please check the LAHS College & Career Center website and Schoology group daily as well.
May the college force be with you!
- The CSU will consider course grades of “credit” or “pass” as fulfilling “a-g” requirements for those courses completed during Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall 2020 terms and during Winter, Spring or Summer 2021 terms. All other coursework must be graded and a grade of C- or better must be earned for the course to satisfy “a-g” requirements. Grades of credit/pass or no credit/no pass will not be included in the calculation of high school GPA.
- The California State University (CSU) will continue to temporarily suspend the use of ACT/SAT examinations in determining admission eligibility for all CSU campuses for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- The CSU will continue to honor Advanced Placement exams on which scores of 3, 4, or 5 are earned, regardless of the delivery mode of the exam.
- California residents and graduates of California high schools will be eligible for admission by earning a 2.50 or greater “a-g” GPA. Any California high school graduate or resident of California earning a GPA between 2.00 and 2.49 may be evaluated for admission based upon supplemental factors such as number of courses exceeding minimum “a-g” requirements, household income, extracurricular involvement, and other available information that would inform the campus admission decision.
College Admissions Update
SAT and ACT TEST DATES AND DEADLINES
Due to the pandemic all college entrance testing (SAT/ACT) is subject to change. For timely up to date information see the College Board and ACT websites. UC/CSU has suspended the use of SAT scores in admissions decisions. Apply now!