LOS ANGELES HIGH SCHOOL
ROMAN CODE OF CONDUCT
Los Angeles High School Vision Statement
Los Angles High School’s vision is to promote strength of character through the development of personal responsibility, integrity, and the ability to learn and grow in a culturally diverse and technologically advanced society.
Not at L.A. High…
Not here, not now, not ever!!!
- Bullying and intimidation
- Fights, threats, and violence
- Drug possession and sale
- Graffiti and vandalism
- Gang-related activity
- Cheating and plagiarism
- Forgery and Falsification
- Sexual harassment and assault
- Blackmail and extortion
- Prejudice and hate crimes
- Robbery and stealing
- Fireworks and firecrackers
Consequences for Breaking
the Roman Code of Conduct
Any student found to have committed any of the above acts will be subject to a full
investigation and, if applicable, all appropriate disciplinary actions, which a
may include suspension, expulsion, and/or referral to Los Angeles School Police.
Roman Pride Means…
- Treating others with respect
- Finding peaceful solutions
- Listening to each other
- Living drug free
- Keeping L.A. High clean and beautiful
- Having healthy friendships
- Producing my own work
- Being honest and demonstrating your integrity
- Showing empathy and compassion
- Defending others’ rights
- Respecting others
- Respecting the property of others
- Engaging in safe activities
Roman Code of Conduct Pledge
We will do our part to help students follow L.A. High’s Code of Conduct. We
will teach, model, and enforce the Student Expectations in the Code.
Los Angeles High School
Academic Integrity Policy
Los Angeles High School emphasizes academic integrity. We are committed to advancing the pursuit of intellectual excellence and to maintaining the highest standards and expectations for academic honesty among all students. Students are expected to conduct themselves honorably in their studies by making reasonable efforts on every assignment and assessment.
Violations of academic integrity include:
- Taking credit for work that is not one’s own.
- Allowing another student to copy or take credit for one’s own work
- Looking at another student’s test or testing materials
- Sending or receiving confidential testing information before, during, or after an assessment
- Plagiarizing (using the words or ideas of another student or author without permission and appropriate citation)
The following consequences will be implemented to address violations of academic integrity:
- The student’s parent(s)/guardian(s) will be contacted, and a conference will be held.
- The student will receive an automatic grade of 0% on the assessment or assignment in question. No make-up opportunities will be provided.
- The incident will be recorded on the student’s disciplinary record. If the incident is a part of a persistent pattern of unacceptable behavior, the student may be considered for other disciplinary interventions, up to and including an opportunity transfer.
Los Angeles High School
Phone: (323) 900-2700
Dr. Helena Yoon-Fontamillas