Welcome to the Los Angeles High School
Healthy Start Program
Hello, my name is Gayle Gordon, I am a Student Support Services Coordinator functioning as the Healthy Start Coordinator at Los Angeles High School. Healthy Start is here to help students and their families have a positive school experience by helping to support the whole person. The three main objectives of Healthy Start are to:
- assist students with their academic success
- help students and their families with their physical, emotional and mental health
- address issues of personal and neighborhood safety
Healthy Start functions through collaboration and team building with both school-based and community-based people and resources. At Los Angeles High we are fortunate to have many already existing resources. Some of the programs that Healthy Start works closely with are: I, Title I, PSA, ESL, ELA/RLA, Special Education and School Psychology, and the Coordnation of Services Team. Some of the school based organizations that Healthy Start helps to support include:
- Asian Pacific Counseling and Treatment Centers
- Cedar Sinai Medical Center (Share and Care Program)
- County of Los Angeles Probation Department
- LAUSD Neglect and Delinquent Program
- Eisner Pediatric-Teen Clinic
- LAUSD School Mental Health Programs
As your Healthy Start Coordinator, I am committed to bringing new service providers and programs to LA High School to increase the opportunities for all students and families to be healthy and successful. I welcome your input and comments. The Healthy Start office is located in the Record Office (old Counselor Office) or by calling (323) 900-2719.
Gayle Gordon, M.Ed.