Have your heard? Los Angeles High School has an integrated community arts pathway!
ICAP was created for students who have a strong interest in the arts and a need for creative self-expression. The pathway promotes a variety of arts opportunities.
The mission is carried out through:
• exploring a variety of Arts courses that integrate Common Core standards and process building skills that prepare and lead students to career readiness and potential careers.
• utilizing and practicing a variety of learning strategies that ensure mastery of the content and continued application of processes for success in college/ career.
• collaborating and networking with alumni and community members guiding students to establish and maintain professional relationships.
• integrating and applying their knowledge of technology in a variety of formats increasing students' range of 21st century skills.
• designing and carrying out a project involving observation, collection, analysis, and synthesis of data to solve a complex, open-ended problem.
• experiencing local travel opportunities that provide a broader, more global understanding of art and community.