“Life’s most persistent and urgent question is: ‘What are
you doing for others?’” – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
• VOLUNTEER at a local nursing home, hospital, animal shelter, library, food bank, or soup kitchen
• READ to a child
• PROMOTE Acts of Green: Recycle, Renew & Restore! Clean up a local park or beach
• EDUCATE our youth about Dr. King’s legacy of service (Free lesson plans for grades K-8 available at (www.scholastic.com/mlkday)
SPREAD THE WORD
• SUPPORT organizations that help others.
• SHARE how and why are participating in the King Day of Service by using the #iServe and #MLKDay hashtags
Visit www.mlkday.gov to learn more about the King Day of Service or to find local volunteer opportunities