Work Experience Class
Job Qualifications Necessary for Enrollment in Work Experience Education Classes
- You are an employee, not self-employed or an independent contractor.
- You are paid and receive and itemized statement of tax deductions each pay period.
- The business has Worker’s Compensation Insurance.
- You are usually scheduled to work a minimum of 5 to 10 hours per week.
- The business is open to the public Mon.-Fri. between 9:30 a.m. and 3:00 pm.
- A supervisor is present at the business Mon.-Fri. between 9:30 a.m. and 3:00 pm.
- The business is located within 30 miles or 30 minutes of the school you are attending.
- The business is not located on or within private residential property (home business).
- The business is observable, stationary, open to the public, and permit indiscriminate access to the Work Experience teacher during regular school hours.
- Working conditions are considered safe, moral and legal.
- Your paid position has the probability of lasting the entire semester.
- Your do not work for a temporary employment agency.
- Your employer provides a learning situation, keeps record of your attendance, and agrees to all the above conditions.
- If under age 18, you do not work more than 8 hours on any day, more than 40 hours a week, and only between the hours of 11:30 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. on a school day.
- If under age 18, you have or will immediately obtain a Work Permit.
- If under age 18, you do not operate prohibited equipment.