D I D I
"We are all here to make a dent in the Universe." ~ Steve Jobs
During school year 2016-2017 I serve as the Instructional/ Literacy Coach/ English Language Arts, English Department Chair, and member of the School Site Council at LA High.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Provide content support and facilitate the District’s implementation of standards-based curriculum, instruction, and assessment aligned to state standards.
- Collaborate with the Principal, school-site personnel, and other District administrators to develop and facilitate school-wide professional development opportunities.
- Research promising practices and innovative approaches for ELA instruction to identify and assist in the design of strategies to address areas of need in literacy/ English language arts instruction in grades 9 through 12.
- Collaborate with school staff in building capacity to design and deliver professional development that utilizes and aligns standards-based content with effective classroom pedagogy to increase proficiency in the area of English language arts for all students through effective first teaching.
- Collaborate with other disciplinary coaches and coordinators to develop interdisciplinary units, projects, and curricula to support all students including English learners, students with disabilities, and gifted and talented education students.
- Lead the implementation of various District-wide initiatives related to English Language Arts.
- Support and facilitate the integration of content literacy across all subject areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned.