SAT / PSAT
SAT / PSAT
On Wednesday, October 10, 2018, at 8 AM, 9th, 10th and 11th grade students will take the PSAT Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test.
This test, administered at Los Angeles High, is highly relevant to your future success because it focuses on the skills and knowledge at the heart of education. Students will take the test with their Advisory teacher.
The PSAT contains: a Reading Test, Writing and Language Test, and a Math Test.
The Reading Test includes:
- One passage from a classic or contemporary work of U.S. or world literature.
- One passage or a pair of passages from either a U.S. founding document or a text in the great global conversation they inspired.
- A selection about economics, psychology, sociology, or some other social science.
Two science passages.
The Writing and Language Test:
- All questions are multiple-choice and based on passages.
- Some passages are accompanied by informational graphics, such as tables, graphs, and charts — but no math is required.
- Prior topic knowledge is never tested.
The Math Test:
- Most math questions will be multiple-choice, but some — called grid-ins — ask you to come up with the answer rather than select the answer.
- The Math Test is divided into two portions: Math Test – Calculator and Math Test – No Calculator.
- Some parts of the test include several questions about a single scenario.
Get Money for College!
- Say “Yes” to Student Search Service™ when you take the PSAT/NMSQT and make it easy for colleges and scholarship programs to find you. Millions of dollars are available.
- If you take the PSAT/NMSQT, you’re automatically screened for the National Merit® Scholarship Program.