Most Recent Videos
- This is the Rhythm of our Zoom 5/28/2020 Uploaded May 29, 2020
- Class Video: How We Do "Zoom Class" 4/30/2020 Uploaded May 29, 2020
- Sahara models the "Quarantine Haircut" 4/28/2020 Uploaded May 29, 2020
- Zoom Class Intro. 4/21/2020 Uploaded May 29, 2020
- This Is How We Do Zoom Class Intro 4/15/2020 Uploaded May 29, 2020
Hey Sophomores, see your Freshmen year in 4 minutes!
Class of 2022Uploaded May 29, 2020
Recap of Class 5/5: ThrillerMorphosis: Body Paragraph #1
Please make sure you are typing with MLA formatting, thanks!Uploaded May 06, 2020
Zoom Class Recap 4/28/20
See you next class on Thursday 4/30 at 12PM, thanks!Uploaded Apr 28, 2020
Recap of Zoom Class 4/23/2020
Here's the recap if you missed or need it or missed something. Thanks! See you next Tuesday 4/27 @ 12PM.Uploaded Apr 23, 2020
Zoom Class 4/21 Recap Video
Miss class? Slow internet? Here's a video to show you what we did. See you Thursday 4/23 at 12PM via zoom. Thank you!Uploaded Apr 21, 2020
Video Introduction For Class: 4/21
Enjoy some of the pictures and video from the past semester!Uploaded Apr 21, 2020
Assignment: ThrillerMorphosis Compare And Contrast Essay
Assignment: ThrillerMorphosis Compare And Contrast EssayUploaded Apr 21, 2020
Question: Extract evidence from credible sources of media and discuss how the video and assigned text are similar and/or different. Please use specific examples; you may also use any examples we discuss in zoom classes.
Directions: Students will view the movie and write a five (5) paragraph essay (minimum) comparing and contrasting the music video with the assigned text. Essays are to be written in formal, academic language using all the skills, fundamentals, techniques, transitions, vocabulary, style, format, etc. that we have learned over the course of the year. Do your best work. Your final draft is to be typed, in MLA format. Good luck and please be creative!
Common Core Standard: CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.9-10.9
Draw evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research.
1) Make an outline before you write!
2) Use the question to create your thesis.
3) Come up with your three (3) topics to discuss. (Example: P1-comparison, P2-comparison, P3-contrast *You choose)
4) Do body paragraphs 1, 2, and 3 first!
5) Write the Introduction (3 elements "B.A.M.").
6) Write the Conclusion (4 elements - "Big Ending").
7) MLA format! (Works Cited and Title Page).
See schoology for details on uploading your final draft.
Contact me with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your dedication to school, especially while we are away, and please be safe out there!
WE WILL BE BACK.